BASIC ELECTRONICS 2nd SEM EXAM/ECE/CSE/IT/EEE/0664/May 2017 SECTION-AQ1. Do as directed.
BASIC ELECTRONICS 2nd SEM
Q1. Do as directed. 15×1=15
- Ohms law will hold good if the Temperature ,Pressure and Humidity Remains Constant.
- If 125V is applied across a 250V, 100w bulb, the power consumption will be
- Kirchhoff’s current law (KCL) is applicable to Linear Circuits.
- An ideal current source has Infinity Resistance.
- The unit of self inductance is Henry.
- For battery charging supply is DC Supply .
- Peak factor is defined as the Ratio of Maximum Value to R.M.S Value.
- The power consumed in pure capacitive circuit is Zero.
- To improve p.f. of a circuit, a capacitor is connected in Parallel to the load.
- Sun is a source of Nuclear energy.
Q2. Attempt any five questions. 5×6=30
- State and explain Kirchhoff’s current Law ?
- State and explain Thevenin,s theorem with help of neat Diagram ?
- What is constant current source and draw characteristics of an ideal current Source ?
- State and explain Faraday’s laws of electromagnetic induction ?
- Discuss about primary and secondary cells ?
- Compare A.C. and DC.
- What are the causes and disadvantages of poor power factor ?
- Mention six important Advantages of Electrical Energy ?
Q3. Attempt any three questions. 3×10=30
- Mention the similarities and dissimilarities of electric and magnetic circuits.
- What are the various precautions to be observed for obtaining longer life and better efficiency of lead acid battery.
- Define instantaneous value, maximum value, average value and effective value of an alternating quantity. OR
- Find the impedance, current and power factor of the following series circuits and draw the corresponding phasor diagram: (i) R and L (ii) R and C In each case the applied voltage is 100 volts, the frequency is 50 Hz, R=40Ω, L=0.1H,C=20µf.
- Explain the major components of a nuclear power station and draw there on block diagram ?
BASIC ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING
BEE may 2017 DIPLOMA PAPER SOLUTION
Section a FILL IN THE BLANK basic electrical engineering bee paper
Temperature ,Pressure and Humidity
Maximum Value and R.M.S Value.
Section B : BEE PAPER MAY 2018 PAPER
Poor Power Factor
Advantages of Electrical Energy