BASIC ELECTRONICS 2nd SEM EXAM/ECE/CSE/IT/EEE/0664/2661/May 2015
Q1. Do as directed. 15×1=15
- Resistivity of a semiconductors lies Between conductors and Insulators.
- While forming PN junction, the diffusion is restricted by .
- An ideal diode has Zero forward Resistance .
- Under normal operating voltage, the reverse current in a silicon diode is about in 1 μA
- A zener diode is always operated in the Zener Breakdown Region.
- The three terminals of transistors are Emitter, base and Collector .
- A transistor is usually applied for Base and Emitter Terminals.
- The best biasing is achieved by adopting Voltage Divider biasing Circuit.
- For a good voltage amplifier, its input impedance Equal to should be as compared to the source impedance.
- A FET is also called as Uni polar Device.
- The turn- on voltage for Silicon diode is 0.7 volt .
- Filter circuits are used to reduce AC Components.
- PIV stands for Peak Inverse Volatge .
Q2. Attempt any five questions. 5×6=30
- Explain Reverse Biasing of PN Junction ?
- Write a note on Varactor diode. Give its Applications ?
- Compare the forward volt-ampere characteristics of a Germanium and a silicon Diode with help of diagram ?
- How transistor is used as an amplifier?
- Explain why transistor should be Biased ?
- A bypass capacitor is connected CE is connected across the emitter resistor RE, why?
- Explain the working principle of a FET ?
- Explain working of Capacitor- Input π Filter ?
Q3. Attempt any three questions. 3×10=30
- With the help of circuit diagram explain the working Of Full Wave Bridge Type Rectifier. Also Prove the efficiency is 81.2‰.
- Explain the input and output characteristics of CE Configuration? Also derive the Relation between α and β.
- Write a note on
- N-type Semiconductor
- Voltage Divider Biasing Circuit
- Drift and Diffusion Current
- Explain Conductors, Insulators and Semiconductors on the basis their energy band diagrams.
BASIC ELectronics be may 2015 DIPLOMA PAPER SOLUTION
Section a FILL IN THE BLANKS be paper
Zener Breakdown Region.
Emitter and Collector
Potential Divider or Voltage Divider Biasing.
Junction Field Effect Transistor
Voltage Controlled device.
Emitter is Highly Doped and Collector is Moderate Doped.
Section B : BE PAPER MAY 2015 PAPER
What is Zener diode? Draw its symbol and characteristics
hybrid Parameter) of transistor
Temperature variations affect the operating point of a transistor
Phase reversal of output voltage with respect to input voltage in an Amplifier
BASIC ELECTRONICS DIPLOMA MAY 2015 PAPER
Section c solved bee paper
CE configuration of a Transistor Click Here
Light Emitting Diode
Drift and Diffusion current