Basic Electronics 2nd Sem Exam ECE/ECE/CSE/0664/2661 May 2016
Basic Electronics 2nd Sem EEE/ECE/CSE/0664/2661 May 2016 SECTION-A
Q1. Do as directed. 15×1=15
- At absolute zero temperature, the conduction band of a semiconductor is totally Empty.
- To obtain p-type Semiconductor, Trivalent impurity is added to a pure Semiconductor.
- The value of knee voltage for germanium diode is 0.3 V
- Maximum value of rectification efficiency of full wave rectifier can be 81.2%.
- Usually, a Zener diode is used as a Voltage Regulator.
- Material used for the construction of LED is GaAsP .
- In a transistor, there are Two PN Junction.
- A transistor is usually applied for Amplifier
- The method by which the operating point is made independent of temperature variations or variations of transistor parameters (þ) is called Stabilization of Operating Point.
- For a good voltage amplifier, its input impedance should be High.
- A FET is also called as Unipolar Device .
- Filter circuits are used to reduce ac Component.
- PIV stands for Peak Inverse Voltage.
- A capacitor circuit does not allow to pass dc components.
- Define Drift.
Q2. Attempt any five questions. 5×6=30
- Explain with suitable diagram Intrinsic and Extrinsic Semiconductor.
- Draw the block diagram of a power supply. Explain in brief the functioning of each
- Explain how a Zener diode maintains constant voltage across the load.
- Explain the working of npn transistor.
- Describe the potential divider circuit in Details.
- In what way the temperature variations affect the operating point of a transistor?
- Explain the working principle of a FET?
- Explain working of shunt capacitor filter
Q3. Attempt any three questions. 3×10=30
- With the help of circuit diagram explain the working of Full Wave Bridge Type Rectifier.
- Explain the input and output characteristics of CE Configuration? Also derive the relation between α and β.
- Explain Conductors, Insulators and Semiconductors on the basis their energy band diagrams.
- Write a short note on (a) V-I characteristics of a diode (b) Atomic structure of Germanium atom
BASIC ELectronics be may 2018 DIPLOMA PAPER SOLUTION
Section a FILL IN THE BLANKS be paper
Stabilization of Operating Point
Peak Inverse Voltage
Section B : BE PAPER MAY 2018 PAPER
Potential divider circuit Click Here
hybrid Parameter) of transistor
Temperature variations affect the operating point of a transistor
Phase reversal of output voltage with respect to input voltage in an Amplifier
BASIC ELECTRONICS DIPLOMA MAY 2018 PAPER
Section c solved bee paper
CE configuration of a Transistor Click Here
Light Emitting Diode
Drift and Diffusion current
BASIC ELECTRONICS 2nd SEMESTER EXAM/ECE/CSE/IT/EEE/0664/May 2018 Contact Us