Download Previous Year Diploma Paper of Computer Network 5th Semester Diploma Dec 2016 Paper
Computer Network 5th Sem Diploma Dec 2016 Paper
Q1. Do as directed. 9×1=9
- IP has two parts: Network and Host
- A Protocol is a set of rules used for data transmission between two computers in a
- Ethernet uses CSMA/CD Protocol .
- A small Bluetooth network is called Piconet .
- Cryptography is the Science of writing in Secret Code.
- Each computer must have an IP address before it can connect to Internet .
- Cell phone support Wi-Fi technology (T/F). TRUE
- PING command displays network connections (T/F). TRUE
- To establish a connection, TCP uses a three way handshake (T/F). TRUE
Expand the following acronyms: 6×1=6
- RAID 1.TCP Stands for Transmission Control Protocol 2. NIC Stands for Network Interface Card 3.PING Stands for Portable Network Graphics 4. VSAT Stands for very small aperture terminal 5.WAN Stands for Wide Area Network 6.RAID Stands Redundant Array of Independent Disks
Q2. Attempt any five questions. 5×6=30
1. What is Ethernet explain.
2. Explain different types of hubs.
3. What are different classes of IP addressing?
4. Explain LAN,WAN and MAN.
5. Write a note on Bluetooth protocol stack.
6. What you understand by Subnetting and Supernetting .Explain?
7. What do you mean by network cabling? Explain its various types?
8. What do you understand by RAID management?
9. Define sliding window protocols. Explain its functioning.
Q3. Attempt any three questions. 3×10=30
3. What are various network connecting devices?
4. Explain OSI reference model in detail.
5. Explain IPv4 and IPv6 packet formats.
6. Define Firewalls. Explain types of firewalls.
7. Write short note on
a) Modem b) Repeater
IP has two parts: Network and Host
A Protocol is a set of rules used for data transmission between two computers in a Network .
Ethernet uses CSMA/CD Protocol
A small Bluetooth network is called Piconet .
Cryptography is the Science of writing in Secret Code.
Each computer must have an IP address before it can connect to Internet .
TCP Stands for Transmission Control Protocol
Network Interface Card
PING -Portable Network Graphics
VSAT – very small aperture terminal
WAN -Wide Area Network
RAID :-Redundant Array of Independent Disks
What is Ethernet
Different types of hubs.
Different classes of IP addressing
LAN,WAN and MAN.
Short note on Bluetooth protocol stack
Subnetting and Supernetting
Network cabling its various types
sliding window protocols its functioning.
Computer Network 5th Sem Diploma dec 2016 Paper
various network connecting devices
Explain OSI reference model
IPv4 and IPv6 packet formats.
Firewalls and its types of firewalls.