Download Previous Year Diploma Paper of Microwave and Radar Engineering 6th Sem/ECE/May 2015 Paper
Microwave and Radar Engineering 6th Sem/ECE/May 2015 Diploma Question Paper
Q1. a) Fill in the Blanks. 15×1=15
1. The frequency range of UHF is ___________ .
2. In the case of microwave, fading effect is ___________ .
3. Magnetron is a __________________
4. Klystron can be used either as a oscillator. or as a ___________ .
5. The directional coupler consists of ___________ transmission lines.
6. ___________ wave cannot exist inside a waveguide.
7. Expand PPI _________________ .
8. Radar is a short form of radio ____________&_____________ .
9. CW Radar is based on ___________________ .
10. The other name of magic tee is ______________________.
11. Waveguide tees are ______________ port device.
12. In a directional coupler, the ____________- ports are perfectly matched.
13. Helix is used in ______________to act as a coaxial transmission line.
14. __________________ is used to measure of the velocity of the target.
15. Expand VSAT ________________________
Q2. Attempt any five questions. 5×6=30
i. What are the advantages of microwaves over low frequency signals?
ii. Differentiate between reflex klystron and multi cavity klystron.
iii. Define the various elements of a basic microwave communication link.
iv. Explain parabolic antenna in detail.
v. Explain microwave isolator in detail with diagram.
vi. Discuss in detail various transmission losses.
vii. Explain the basic concept of radar display PPI.
Q3. Attempt any three questions. 3×10=30
a. Explain the various multiple access techniques.
b. What is MTI radar? Explain its working principle.
c. Explain construction and working of magnetron.
d. What is a directional coupler? Explain directivity and coupling factor. What is the main application of directional coupler?
e. Write a short note on the following. (any two)
i. Magic tee
ii. Radar range equation
iii. GUNN diode.
Microwave and Radar Engineering 6th Sem/ECE/May 2019 Diploma Question Solved Paper
Q1. a) Fill in the Blanks. 15×1=15
a. RADAR stands for Radio Detection and Ranging .
b. TM01 or TM10 modes does not exist in a waveguide.
c. To couple a co-axial line to a parallel wire line, it is best to use a Balun .
d. The maximum unambiguous range in a system depends on Pulse Repetition Time (PRT) .
e. A helical antenna produces Circularly polarized waves.
f. VSWR stands for Voltage Standing Wave Ratio .
g. The line of sight communication range is limited due to Diffraction .
h. The uplink frequency is different from downlink frequency to avoid _________
i. VSAT network is operated in stand-alone mode.
j. Antenna reciprocity is put to use in RADAR systems.
k. Amplifier or Oscillator is a crossed field device.
l. In a hollow rectangular waveguide the phase velocity Decrease with increasing frequency.
m. PPI in a radar system stands for Plan Position Indicator .
n. The blind speed of MTI radar can be avoided by changing the _____rotation rate.
o. A coupling loop is placed at a point of__________ magnetic field intensity.
Working principle and typical applications of Reflex
Explain the operating principle of basic pulse RADAR
Features of VSAT
Difference between active and passive satellites.
TE, TM& TEM Modes
Applications and basic concept of rectangular waveguide.
Slotted section its uses
Microwave and Radar Engineering May 2015 PAPER
Explain the working of a microwave communication link.
Construction, working principle, characteristics and applications of Travelling Wave Tube
Explain the block diagram of MTI Radar
constructional features, characteristics and applications of fixed and variable attenuator.
(c) Troposcatter Communication