Programmable Logic Controllers & Micro controller 6th Sem EE May 2018
PLC & MICROCONTROLLER DIPLOMA PSBTE MAY 2018 PAPER
Duration : 3 Hrs M.Marks : 75 SECTION A
1. Fill in the blanks :
- FBD stands for Function Block Diagram.
- Ladder logic has been developed to mimic Relay Logic.
- instruction will allow a line to be true only for one scan.
- A microcontroller is a 40 Pin Dip Chip
- A single ALI stands for
- Numbers of RAM bytes in 8051 are 256 Bytes.
- The math flags in PSW are
- In 8051 microcontroller, PSEN pin stands for Program Store Enable.
- Assembler directives are also called Pseudo Operations.
- A program that consists of 0s and 1s is called Machine Language .
- ALP stands for Assembly Language Programming.
- 8051 microcontroller has 4KB bytes of ROM.
- Instruction…………is used to read data stored in Program.
- UART stands for Universal Asynchronous Receiver-Transmitter.
- Interrupts which can be controlled are called Handling Interrupts.
Q2. Attempt any five questions. 5×6=30
- What are sequencers? Write various sequencer
- Explain the pin diagram of 8051 in detail.
- What is assembler? Explain Assembler directives with the help of Examples ?
- What are various applications of PLC? Explain any one in
- What are interrupts? Explain the types of interrupts ?
- Difference between Microprocessor and Micro-controller.
- What is PLC? Write Advantages of PLC .
- Explain Timer and its classifications.
Q3. Attempt any three questions. 3×10=30
- Explain the addressing modes of 8051
- Explain the Functions of different block of PLC with the help of Block Diagram ?
- Explain 8051 memory organization in Details ?
- What is ladder programming? Write a ladder program to start /stop a motor using single push switch. Green LED glows when motor is ON. Red LED glows when motor is using single push .
- Explain interfacing 7-segment displays in detail.