Download Previous year question paper of Utilization Electrical Energy UEE Dec 2016 PSBTE Paper
Utilization Electrical Energy UEE PSBTE Diploma Paper Dec 2016
Utilization Electrical Energy UEE PSBTE Diploma Paper Dec 2016 SECTION-A
Q1. Fill in the Blanks. 15×1=15
- In projectors UIP (Ultra High Performance ) lamp is used.
- The efficiency of fluorescent tube is 50-100 lumens/watt.
- Induction furnaces require 100 Hz to Several KHz frequency
- Dielectric heating is used for heating of electrically insulating materials .
- Seam welding is used for welding Sheet Metal.
- Power supply used for electrolytic process is DC Power Supply.
- The size of refrigerator is given by Inches.
- Vapour compression cycle has Four Stages.
- The starting torque of dc series motor is Very High.
- For traction work, the best suitable motor is DC Series Motor .
Q2. Attempt any five questions. 5×6=30
What is a group drive?
Why tungsten is selected as the filament material?
What is meant by schedule speed of a train?
What are the essential properties of resistance heating elements?
What is regenerative braking and where it is used?
How does carbon arc welding differ from metal arc welding?
What are the essential qualities of a good refrigerant used in refrigeration cycle?
What is an electro deposition? What are the factors on which quality of electro deposition depends?
Q3. Attempt any three questions. 3×10=30
Discuss the various advantage of electric drive over mechanical drive. What are the various factors which decide the choice of an electric drive for industrial applications?
Explain’ Faraday’s law of electrolysis.
Describe the various methods of induction heating. Give some applications of induction heating.
Draw electric circuit diagram of an air condition and explain the working ?
Describe with the help of a neat diagram, the construction and working of high pressure mercury vapor.
Utilization Electrical Energy UEE PSBTE Diploma solved Paper May Dec 2015
Section a FILL IN BLANKS UEE PAPER
level the Voltage.
frequency and the dielectric material.
increasing rotor resistance .
straight or drooping
Conduction,Covection and Radiations.
3 × 10–8 m/s
D.C Series Motor.
Section B : ueE PAPER dec 2016 PAPER
Tungsten is selected as the filament material
Schedule speed of a train
Essential properties of resistance heating elements
Regenerative braking and its used
Carbon arc welding differ from metal arc welding
Essential qualities of a good refrigerant used in refrigeration cycle
Electro deposition and factors on which quality of electro deposition