Basic Electronics 2nd Sem Exam ECE/ECE/CSE/0664/2661 May 2016
Q1. Do as directed. 15×1=15
- At absolute zero temperature, the conduction band of a semiconductor is totally Empty
- To obtain p-type semiconductor,Trivalent impurity is added to a pure
- The value of knee voltage for germanium diode is 0.7 V
- The maximum value of rectification efficiency of full wave rectifier can be 81.2%.
- Usually, a Zener diode is used as a Voltage Regulator
- The material used for the construction of LED is GaAsP .
- In a transistor, there are Two PN Junction.
- A transistor is usually applied for_ _____.
- The method by which the operating point is made independent of temperature variations or variations of transistor parameters (þ) is called__ _.
- For a good voltage amplifier, its input impedance should be High
- A FET is also called as ______ polar.
- Filter circuits are used to reduce ac Component
- PIV stands for Peak Inverse Voltage.
- A capacitor circuit does not allow to pass dc components.
- Define Drift.
Q2. Attempt any five questions. 5×6=30
- Compare the MOSFET and
- Explain the behavior of P-N junction under different bias.
- Draw h- model of CE Amplifier.
- Describe the importance of load line with suitable.
- Explain the terms avalanche and Zener Breakdown ?
- Give advantages and applications of CMOS.
- Derive the relation Ic = αIE + ICBO and explain different terms used in them.
- Write a note on drift and diffusion.
- What is a filter circuit? Explain the working of LC filter
Q3. Attempt any three questions. 3×10=30
- Compare CB, CE and CC Configurations with at least five
- With the help of diagram and waveforms, Explain working of Center tap full wave
- Explain the divider method of biasing for transistor (CE).
- Write a short note on any two of the following:
- Thermal Runaway
- Varactor diode (Symbol, operation, application.
- BJT as an a Amplifer.
- Explain Construction, operation and characteristics of a MOSFET in depletion and enhancement modes.
Basic Electronics BE 2nd Semester May 2019 (Batch 2018) PSBTE Question Paper for Only Batch 2018 for CSE and ECE
Basic Electronics BE 2nd Semester May 2019 (Batch 2018) PSBTE Question Paper Download Here